Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR) announced today a partnership with Nashville-based entertainment powerhouse BBR Music Group on the No. 42 Chevrolet Camaro with Tyler Reddick for multiple NASCAR XFINITY Series races in 2017. The car will feature the multi-media superstar Trace Adkins (whose new album SOMETHING’S GOING ON will be released on March 31), for the season-opening XFINITY Series race at Daytona International Speedway (Feb. 25, 3:30 pm ET, FOX Sports 1). BBR Music Group, a BMG company, includes Broken Bow Records, Stoney Creek Records, Red Bow Records, Wheelhouse Records and publishing company Magic Mustang Music.
NOTES OF INTEREST:
• Making Sweet Music: BBR Music Group possesses a roster of talented artists including the RIAA’s No. 1 digital selling male Country artist of all-time Jason Aldean; multi-media superstar Trace Adkins; No. 1 chart-toppers Randy Houser, Dustin Lynch, Joe Nichols, Parmalee, Granger Smith, Thompson Square and as well as a plethora of rising young stars.
• Climbing his way up the NASCAR Ladder: Reddick won in his first career start in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East at Rockingham Speedway in 2012. He competed in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) on a part-time basis in 2013 and 2014, before moving to full-time duties in 2015 and 2016. In 63 NCWTS starts, Reddick had three wins, three poles, 25 top-five and 40 top-10 finishes. He finished second in the NCWTS standings in 2015 and ninth in the standings in 2016. Following an award-winning digital media campaign, Reddick was named 2016 NCWTS Most Popular Driver. Reddick, 21, will share the No. 42 car with Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver Kyle Larson.
• Benny Brown, Founder, BBR Music Group: “After meeting with Chip Ganassi I’m proud to sponsor Tyler with such a world class racing organization. It was obvious to me that Chip is as passionate about winning in the racing industry as I am in the music industry. He puts forth all the team effort to win and that’s what made me feel that his team was a great fit and that Tyler could build his future with this organization. I’m proud to be associated with a partner of Chip’s caliber.”
• Steve Lauletta, President, Chip Ganassi Racing: “We’re excited to welcome BBR Music Group to Chip Ganassi Racing. Country music and NASCAR fans go hand-in-hand, so we’re happy to bring that connection even closer to the fans of our sport. In addition, we are thrilled to see what Tyler Reddick will do on track as part of our team competing for an XFINITY Series owner’s championship in 2017.”
• Tyler Reddick, Driver No. 42 BBR Music Group Chevrolet Camaro: “I’m honored for this tremendous opportunity to compete the in the XFINITY Series with a great team, Chip Ganassi Racing. I’ve been very fortunate to have BBR Music Group come back on-board this year. We’ve had the opportunity to have some very popular and up-in-coming artists on the car, including Trace Adkins for the first time in Daytona. The expectations will be high, since we’ve won races on dirt and asphalt. I’d be great to repay the folks who made this happen with a strong season.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!