JR MOTORSPORTS TEAM PREVIEW:
TRACK: RACE: DATE: TRACK: RACE: DATE:
Road America 180 (45 laps / 182.16 miles) Saturday, Aug. 27, 2016
Michigan International Speedway
Careers for Veterans 200 (100 laps / 200 miles) Saturday, Aug. 27, 2016
Broadcast Information – TV: 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN / Radio: MRN & Sirius Ch. 90 2:30 p.m. ET
PR Manager: Josh Masten firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-677-6098
No. 1 OneMain Chevrolet
- Elliott Sadler has one top five and three top 10s in five NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) starts at Road America.
- Sadler has scored two top-10 finishes in two road-course starts so far this season. He finished sixth at Watkins Glen and ninth at Mid-Ohio for an average effort of 7.5.
- The Virginia native has completed 100 percent of the laps in races he’s entered at Road America.
- Sadler currently leads full-time NXS drivers in top 10s this season with 19 and sits atop the NXS point standings by 51 points over Daniel Suarez.
PR Manager: Megan Johnson email@example.com; 704-773-1992
No. 7 BRANDT Professional Agriculture Chevrolet
- Justin Allgaier has one top five and two top 10s in four NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at Road America, with a best finish of second (2013).
- Allgaier nearly won the 2011 NXS race at Road America. He was leading when he ran out of fuel on the last lap.
- Over the last five races, Allgaier has the best average finish (5.2) among full-time NXS drivers.
- His second-place finish last weekend at Bristol allowed him to advance to third in the NXS point standings.
- Allgaier now has nine top-five finishes on the season, a career best.
No. 88 SunEnergy1 Chevrolet
- Kenny Habul has four previous starts at the 4.048-mile road course and has two top-15 finishes.
- In the first two road-course races this season, Habul has one top-20 finish, placing 17th at Watkins Glen.
- The Road America 180 marks the third and final race for Habul in the No. 88 SunEnergy1 Chevrolet this season. Josh Berry will be behind the wheel of the SunEnergy1 machine in Kentucky (Sept. 24).
- The JR Motorsports No. 88 Chevrolet currently sits fourth in the NASCAR Xfinity Series owner standings, 57 markers out of first.
PR Manager: Kelsey Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-677-6317
Broadcast Information – TV: 1 p.m. ET on FS1 / Radio: MRN & Sirius Ch. 90 12:30 p.m. ET
- Cole Custer’s sixth-place run at Bristol last week was his third straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) top-10 finish, matching his total for the first 10 races of the season.
- This weekend’s race will be Custer’s first on a 2-mile speedway.
- Over the past three races, Custer has earned an average finishof 5.7.
- The strong showing over the past three events has seen Custerjump to ninth in points and within nine points of the inaugural Chase for the NCWTS. He has three races to make up that deficit.
No. 00 Haas Automation Chevrolet
PR Manager: Ron Lemasters email@example.com; 704-658-5776
“Road America is a really cool track. It’s packed with NASCAR fans and it’s just a lot of fun to drive. It’s very technical. It has a lot of elevation changes and it’s very long. We had a lot of speed at Mid-Ohio when it wasn’t raining so all I’m really hoping for this weekend is a dry track.”
“I am really looking forward to getting to Road America this weekend in the No. 88 SunEnergy1 Chevrolet. We have had some good runs the past two road-course races, including getting up to third place in Ohio, but unfortunately didn’t have a great finish to show for it. JR Motorsports has put together a great road-course program and I am ready to get behind the wheel for the final road-course race of the year.”
“It’s always a lot fun racing at Road America. I actually came close to winning there in 2011, but ran out of fuel on the last lap, so I feel like one got away from me. We’ve been strong on road courses and have come so close to winning this season. It would be great to finally get a victory for this BRANDT Professional Agriculture team.”
“We battled really hard to get that sixth-place finish at Bristol, and it’s kind of what we have to do over these next three races if we want to make the Chase. Marcus (Richmond, crew chief) and the guys are giving me good Chevy Silverados, and we are clicking from a strategy standpoint. We’d like to win and assure ourselves and Haas Automation and OneMain a spot in the Chase, but we’ll take it any way we can get it. I’m looking forward to racing at Michigan, because there’s a lot of room to race and go fast. ”
Sadler 2016 Stats (NXS)
22 1 7 19 27 7.9
Allgaier 2016 Stats (NXS)
Habul 2016 Stats (NXS)
Starts 2 Wins 0 Top 5s 0 Top 10s 0 Laps Led 0 Avg. Finish 26.5 Points N/A
Custer 2016 Stats (NCWTS)
JRM Team Updates
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!