(WOMR file photo)
With all the activity in NASCAR in the last few days over free agency, and the limited vacated driver’s seats at the Sprint Cup level, it looks like Juan Pablo Montoya may be getting ready to move back to the open wheel IndyCar Series. Michael Andretti is trying to find a sponsor to bring Juan Pablo Montoya back to IndyCar with Andretti Autosport.
“I have talked to Juan about IndyCar and told him ‘Hell yeah, let’s find a way to put something together, ” Andretti told The Associated Press on Monday. “I’ve driven against him and I think he’s one of the best drivers I’ve ever driven against. It just comes down to sponsorship. So we’re looking, and if it’s a possibility, we want to do something with him.” Andretti only had conversations with Montoya last week after the Colombian learned from Chip Ganassi that he wouldn’t be re-signed to Ganassi’s NASCAR team for an eighth season.
Montoya has been out of open wheel racing since he left Formula One in 2006 to rejoin Ganassi in NASCAR. He’s not ruling out any series now that he’s looking for work. He told AP on Monday a return to IndyCar isn’t out of the question, but wouldn’t reveal what teams he’s spoken to so far.(Associated Press)
This week is starting out with an inordinate amount of activity and changes that are affecting the remaining season, as well as the 2014 season!
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!