(workingonmyredneck file photo)
The NASCAR circuit rolls into “Thunder Valley”, aka Bristol Motor Speedway, this weekend. For the past several races the management of the speedway has allowed the Sprint Cup drivers to pick their own introduction music. WOMR has come up with a few really great musical picks for some of the drivers for their Sunday driver introductions.
Without further adieu here are my musical picks for some of the drivers for Bristol with links to the music and video for those who may not be familiar with the tune. You might view each link to see how that tune fits with each driver.
1. Dale Earnhardt,Jr.——-My Father’s Eyes by Eric Clapton
2. Jimmie Johnson———The Boys of Fall by Kenny Chesney
3. Tony Stewart————-Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple
4. Carl Edwards————-You’re So Vain by Carly Simon
5. Jeff Gordon—————RESPECT by Aretha Franklin
6. Brad Keselowski—–—-I Won’t Back Down by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
7. Kyle Busch—————-Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf
8. Kurt Busch———–—-Viva Las Vegas
9. Greg Biffle—————-Some Guys Have All The Luck by Rod Stewart
10. Kevin Harvick———–I’m Pretty Good At Drinkin’ Beer by Billy Currington
11. Paul Menard——–—–Fortunate Son by Credence Clearwater Revival
12. Juan Pablo Montoya—I Wear My Sunglasses At Night by Corey Hart
13. Ryan Newman———-Dream On by Aerosmith
14. Denny Hamlin———-Bad Company by Bad Company
15. A.J. Almendinger—–-Flirtin’ With Disaster by Molly Hachet
16. Mark Martin————-Hang On Loosely by .38 Special
17. Kasey Kahne———–-Tush by ZZ Top
18. Marcos Ambrose—––Down Under by Men At Work
19. Brian Vickers———–My Heart Can’t Tell You No by Rod Stewart
20. Trevor Bayne——–—Your Wildest Dreams by The Moody Blues
This, race fans, is just a few of my eclectic and random thoughts for the driver’s musical introductions on Sunday. What are some of your thoughts for their musical intros? Feel free to add your comments, new or better intro songs for the drivers, or any pertinent additional ideas.
This could be fun and interesting!
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!