(photo courtesy Chris Trotman/Getty Images)
Things overlooked in Atlanta Sunday in light of “The Wreck”:
1. Kurt Busch wins the Kobalt Tools 500 for Penske Racing.
2. Matt Kenseth finished second for Roush-Fenway Racing.
3. Kasey Kahne led the most laps, but finished fourth for Richard Petty Motorsports.
4. Paul Menard, also an RPM driver finished fifth!
5. A. J. Almendinger,(THE DINGER), finished sixth, again an RPM driver!
6. Scott Speed finished 10th for Red Bull Racing
7. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. started on the pole and finished 15th!
Most interesting quote from the race:
8. Steve Addington, the crew chief no longer good enough for Kyle Busch at Joe Gibbs Racing, took the older Busch, Kurt, back to Victory Lane at the same track where he got his first victory in 2008 with Kyle Busch. “It is a good feeling to know that your driver wants you to go to work for him,” Addington said in a statement that showed a lot of class but made a strong point.
9. The Atlanta Motor Speedway folks were probably extremely pleased that the amount of empty seats was not a big topic of conversation with the media!
10. Brad Keselowski is probably glad to have an off week to recuperate from the Edwards “Cheap Shot”! He also will need to reload and prepare for some of the other drivers who, no doubt, are lining up for their shot at him!
NOTE TO ROGER PENSKE:
Have plenty of haulers at the tracks with back cars onboard for the #12 for the remainder of the the 2010 season, you may need them!
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!