GMS Racing announced today that 2018 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) champion driver Brett Moffitt will join the organization for the 2019 season. The 26-year-old Grimes, Iowa native will be defending his championship title in GMS’ No. 24 Chevrolet, alongside veteran crew chief Jerry Baxter.
The addition of Moffitt will complete GMS’ driver lineup for the 2019 season:
· Moffitt will drive the No. 24 Chevrolet Silverado with crew chief Jerry Baxter in the NGOTS
· Rookie Sheldon Creed will drive the No. 2 Chevrolet Silverado with crew chief Doug Randolph in the NGOTS
· John Hunter Nemechek will drive the No. 23 Chevrolet Camaro with crew chief Chad Norris in the NASCAR
· Sam Mayer will drive the No. 21 Chevrolet in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East and limited races in the
ARCA Racing Series and the NGOTS
· Halmar Friesen Racing also renewed its technical alliance with GMS Racing to field the No. 52 Chevrolet
Silverado for Stewart Friesen
Moffitt won the 2018 NGOTS championship with his sixth victory of the season at Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway. In his first full season competing in the NGOTS, he earned six wins, 13 top-five finishes and led 269 laps. In 2017, Moffitt competed in seven Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races, one Xfinity event and five Truck Series races. He has seven career wins in the Truck Series and was the 2015 Monster Energy Cup Series Sunoco Rookie of the Year.
“I’m excited to be given the chance to defend my 2018 championship,” Moffitt said. “I have to thank the Gallagher family and everyone at GMS for this opportunity. I can’t wait to start working with Jerry and the guys to kick off the season at Daytona in a few weeks.”
“Brett will be an excellent addition to the GMS organization,” said Mike Beam, team president. “Last year he showed the racing world the amount of talent and determination he has, especially while facing some adversity throughout the season. We look forward to helping him win his second championship and ours as well.
“We have a strong driver lineup in every series we’ll compete in this year. Maury Gallagher has given us the tools and personnel we need to compete for several championships.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!