|· The Can-Am 500k will mark Kurt Busch’s 647th career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start and 32nd career NASCAR Cup Series start at ISM Raceway near Phoenix. Busch has one win, seven top-five finishes and 18 top-10s at the mile oval. Additionally, the 40-year-old driver has led 751 laps, has an average starting position of 12.5, an average finish of 13.6, and has completed 99.6 percent (9,634 of 9,675) of the laps he’s contested there.
· Busch has career totals of 30 wins, 27 poles, 137 top-fives, 279 top-10s and 9,469 laps led in 646 career starts.
· His most recent Cup Series win came 12 races ago in the Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway (Aug. 18, 2018).
· His last Cup Series pole came four races ago at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway (Oct. 13, 2018).
· 9,000 and counting – By leading 98 laps in the April race at Richmond (Va.) Raceway, Busch became just the 21st driver to lead 9,000 laps in his NASCAR career. He is now 20th in the laps-led standings, having led 9,469 laps. He’s 275 laps behind Buddy Baker and 287 laps ahead of 21st-place Denny Hamlin. Busch is fifth among active drivers in laps led.
· Get to the Points – Following his seventh-place finish Sunday at Texas, Busch is fifth in the NASCAR Cup Series playoff standings with 4,100 points. He has one win, six top-five finishes and 21 top-10s in 34 races this season.
· Busch has been in the top-10 in points for 29 consecutive weeks. The last time he was in the top-10 for 29 consecutive weeks was when he was in the top-10 for the first 35 races of the 2011 season.
· Previous Win – Busch has one career NASCAR Cup Series win at Phoenix, which came in April 2005. It was his first victory that season, when the Phoenix event was run in the spring for the first time, and the 12th of Busch’s career.
· The Las Vegas native has 27 career Cup Series poles. Busch has never won a pole at Phoenix. His best start there is second, where he has started three times.
· Leading the Way at Phoenix – Busch’s 751 laps led at Phoenix are the fourth-most that the Las Vegas native has led at any track on the NASCAR Cup Series circuit. The only tracks where he’s led more are Bristol (1,086), Richmond (904) and Atlanta Motor Speedway (801).
· Busch has made one NASCAR Xfinity Series start and one NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Phoenix. He finished fourth in both.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!