● The Mid-Ohio Challenge will mark Custer’s second NASCAR Xfinity Series start at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington.
● Custer has four career road-course starts in the Xfinity Series. His best Xfinity Series finish at a road course is sixth – earned last Saturday at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International.
● Custer’s best finish in the 20 Xfinity Series races run this season is second, earned in the 11th event May 26 at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway.
● Ford has won three of the five Xfinity Series races run at Mid-Ohio.
● Custer has earned four poles, seven top-five finishes, 16 top-10s, and has led 232 laps in the 2018 Xfinity Series season.
● Custer is second in the Xfinity Series driver standings, 22 points behind series leader Christopher Bell.
● Custer’s four pole awards this season leads all Xfinity Series regulars.
● Last year at Mid-Ohio, Custer suffered mechanical issues on lap two and re-entered the field 22 laps down. He ran the remainder of the race turning top-10 lap speeds.
● There are only six races left until the Xfinity Series playoffs begin Sept. 21 at Richmond (Va.) Raceway. The winner of the regular-season points championship will earn an additional 15 playoff points – equivalent to winning three races.
● Custer is competing for his fifth consecutive top-10 this weekend.