No. 22 Menards Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet – Simon Pagenaud
Laps Completed: 90/90
Laps Led: 0
Points Position: 7th (-150 pts)
- Simon Pagenaud and the No. 22 Menards Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet may have started their day at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course towards the back half of the field in 17th-place but they ended their day on a high note finishing eighth.
- Pagenaud was hungry to move through the field at the start of the race and quickly progressed moving into the 11th spot after just 11 laps.
- His first pit stop of the day came on lap 16 for fresh alternate tires in hopes of continuing the team’s momentum to pick up additional spots.
- By lap 23, the French-born driver had moved all the way into the eighth spot – where he would ultimately finish the race.
- Pagenaud achieved a race-high fifth position on lap 40. Immediately after, he pitted on lap 41 for worn primary tires and fuel.
- The No. 22 Menards Chevrolet returned to the pits on lap 64 for new alternate tires.
- By lap 80, Pagenaud moved into the eighth position and remained there until the checkered flag waved.
- Simon Pagenaud and the No. 22 Menards Chevrolet maintained the seventh spot in 2018 Verizon IndyCar Series point standings after the race at Mid-Ohio.
Quote: “Without a warm-up this morning, it was going to be a bit of a guessing game as far as race set-up. Luckily, the No. 22 Menards Chevrolet team guessed right. I could really be myself and attack during this race. We’ve just got to keep working in that direction. I think we were able to make huge gains in our street circuit package in Toronto, the whole team is super-fast on ovals, and the last bit is getting where we need to be on these road courses. Today was very satisfying to prove that our showing during qualifying is not the true performance of the No. 22 Menards team.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!