No. 12 Verizon Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet – Will Power
Laps Completed: 83/85
Laps Led: 1
Points Position: 5th (-93 pts)
- It was a tough day for Will Power and the No. 12 Verizon Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet as they finished 18th after starting their day in the second row.
- On lap 30, the No. 12 Verizon Chevy made contact with the wall, resulting in a need to change the tow link. Unfortunately, the team would not be able to recover, ultimately surrendering two laps.
- Another on-track incident occurred on lap 33 as Power was involved in a multi-car incident and made contact with the tire barriers in turn one, leading to a lap 36 pit stop for a wing change.
- By lap 20, Power found himself in the 20th spot working to regain track position.
- For his final pit stop of the race, Power visited the pits on lap 66 for sticker primary tires.
- As the race concluded, Power and the No. 12 Verizon Chevy ended their day in the 18th position.
- The team maintained the fifth spot in 2018 Verizon IndyCar Series Championship point standings – 93 points back from leader Scott Dixon.
Quote: “That was definitely a very physical race. In the last corner, I brushed the wall and bent a rear tow link so the car was a little bit out of whack. I didn’t even know that Rossi and I touched. I was just kind of trying to hang on until we got a yellow and could pit. I’ve never had so many DNFs; not DNF for this race but like a DNF in a season. Still, it’s kind of how this sport can go. We’re just going to keep pushing away with the No. 12 Verizon Chevy and focus on the double points in Sonoma, that can be a 100 point swing so we’re still in the game.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!