No. 22 Menards Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet – Simon Pagenaud
Laps Completed: 300/300
Laps Led: 0
Points Position: 9th (-132 pts)
- Simon Pagenaud and the No. 22 Menards Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet finished eighth in the Verizon IndyCar Series Iowa Corn 300 at Iowa Speedway.
- The No. 22 Menards Chevrolet team began their day in the fourth position as the green flag waved.
- After pitting on lap 80 for just fuel and tires, Simon Pagenaud moved up to the third spot where he remained until lap 113.
- When the caution flag waved on lap 138 for the No. 26 car’s on-track incident, Pagenaud found himself in the fifth spot.
- On lap 280, the Frenchman fell to the eight position and was a lap down. He remained in that position until the white-yellow flag waved, ending the 300-lap race.
- Pagenaud and the No. 22 Menards Chevrolet team are now ninth in overall Verizon IndyCar Series point standings.
Quote: “I’ll tell you, when you are going that fast around this short oval it’s really hard to understand who is on the lead lap and who is not on the lead lap, who you are fighting for position – so there is a lot of communication with the spotter and with the strategist. I think we had good speed. I got stuck in traffic a lot of time and that was enough to get checked out from (Josef) Newgarden who I think was really fast today and obviously (James) Hinchcliffe, congrats to him. But, yeah, I think we had quite a bit of tire degradation which was tough in traffic, but essentially it was an awesome race. From the cockpit, I had so much fun. It was about setting up people trying to understand where they were running, where your car was best with the tire degradation running high, running low, conserving your tires it really was a lot of thinking, a lot of driving and to me that is a lot of fun. That is pure racing.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!