No. 22 DXC Technology Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet – Simon Pagenaud
Laps Completed: 248/248
Laps Led: 26
Points Position: 8th (-128 pts)
- Simon Pagenaud and the No. 22 DXC Technology Team Penske Dallara/Chevrolet had a strong race performance at the Verizon IndyCar Series DXC Technology 600 at Texas Motor Speedway which led to a second-place finish.
- The French-born driver began the Saturday night race from the second position.
- After the green flag waved, Pagenaud began the race maintaining position leading up to his first pit stop on lap 64 in which he picked up tires and fuel.
- He continued to maintain positions in the top-five for much of the 248-lap event.
- By lap 177 when he visited the pits for the third time, he took tires, fuel, and a front wing adjustment.
- As the laps of the race winded down, Pagenaud returned to the pits on lap 209 following teammate Will Power’s on-track incident. On this stop, Pagenaud took tires and fuel.
- The 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series champion completed the race in the second position, allowing him to take the eighth spot in series points leading into an off-weekend prior to the race at Road America.
Quote: “They gave me some grey hair at the end. It was awesome. It was a great showing for DXC Technology, obviously, and I had a blast. It was very difficult racing, and Rossi kept me on my toes at the end and I had to try everything to break the draft. He was getting monster runs out of Turn 3 and 4 but we had good handling and we were able to hold him off. I was trying to break the draft on the exit of Turn 2 and it worked out for the last 10 laps. I’m super proud of my guys in the pits. They did a great job today. And the whole No. 22 team was on it this weekend. So, it’s nice to get a good second place. We want to win, obviously, but it was a good showing.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!