(photo courtesy of Leon Hammack)
It is getting that time of the year whereby we “citizen journalists of NASCAR” begin to prognosticate on what the next season will hold. I will delve into my crystal ball and reveal what Workingonmyredneck believes may occur in the 2010 season. I could be very safe and generic in my look at the 2010 season like my cohort Bruce Simmons at www.brusimm.com has done.
However I will step out on a limb, and quite possibly as far out on that limb as the leaves! It is, after all, just 36 days to the green flag flies for the 52nd Daytona 500!
Here at Workingonmyredneck I will try to enumerate some of the possibilities that may happen in the 2010 NASCAR season. Are you ready?
1. The #88 AMP/National Guard Chevy driven by Dale Earnhardt, Jr. will make the 2010 Chase for the Cup.
2. The #18 M&M’s Toyota driven by Kyle Busch will make the Chase for the Cup.
3. Kevin Harvick will leave Richard Childress Racing at the end of the 2010 season.
4. Hendrick Motorsports will win another Sprint Cup Championship.
5. Jimmie Johnson will not win a 5th championship in a row.
6. “Blazingly Bad” Brad Keselowski will have another run in with a Cup driver.
7. Kurt Bush will NEVER call Roger Penske “DUDE” again.
8. Joey Logano will finish in the top 15 in Sprint Cup Points.
9. Kasey Kahne will leave Richard Petty Motorsports after 2010.
10. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. wins his second Daytona 500.
What are some of your predictions for the 2010 Sprint Cup season?
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!